Google Translator

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Veggie-Fruit Juice anyone?

I believe most of you have at least once drink any kind of fruit juice. Be it watermelon, mango, apple, or lime. But have any of you taste veggie-fruit juice?

You may wonder what kind of veggies and fruits that you can mix together to make a tasty veggie-fruit juice.

Actually, the following is not my original recipes. I was having my lunch at KYROS KEBAB few weeks ago with my friend Azlin when she recommended the 'CELERY BOOSTER'. I am usually up to try all sort of foods or drinks as long as it doesn't contain any of the things I dislike, for example durian, cempedak, petai, and their families.

Anyway, the CELERY BOOSTER is very tasty indeed. KYROS KEBAB's celery booster contains a mix of celery, green apple and cucumber. But it costs me RM4.00 per cup. I want to stay healthy by drinking veggie-fruit juice, but I don't to go broke doing that. So I decided to make my own veggie-fruit juice.

Here's my recipes. (It will basically makes about 300-400ml of juice)

A) CELERY BOOSTER

5-6 inches of celery
3 inches of cucumber
1/4 green apple
1/4 tomato
6-10 spinach leaves
1 tbsp original honey( i try not to use any sugar)
small slice of ginger
1-2 tbsp lime/ lemon juice -depends on how sour you like your juice
3/4 cup of plain water

How to:
*clean all vegetables and fruits.
*blend all together with high speed until everything is mixed together.

B)TOMATO BOOSTER
3 inches of carrot
3 inches of cucumber
1/4 red apple
1/4 tomato
6-10 spinach leaves
1 tbsp original honey( i try not to use any sugar)
small slice of ginger
1-2 tbsp lime/ lemon juice -depends on how sour you like your juice
3/4 cup of plain water

Note:
1-The add on spinach leaves may seems quite odd to some of you. I admit, it come as a surprise to me as well when I watched Dr.Oz giving out his veggie juice recipe in one of Oprah shows. But when I give it a try, the juice taste great. You can't really taste the spinach in the juice.

2-Sometime, I simply add whatever fruits and veggier I have in my refrigerator. So, it is actually up to your creativity. However, as a precaution do not mix watermelon with honey; I am not 100% sure of this but my husband told me that watermelon and honey should never be eaten or drink together.

ENJOY YOUR 1st HOMEMADE VEGGIE JUICE! ;)

2 comments:

Jannah Ibrahim said...

Harus aku buat ni...

Dilla said...

yes che'a.. try la.. enak dong.
aku selalu letak madu&perahan limau nipis tu lebih sket.. huhuhu