Google Translator

Monday, June 23, 2008

Down the memory lane...

Goodness!!!

It's been a month since my last post.
I've been very busy lately-one of many appropriate excuses (*wink*), coordinating a batch of students, about 500 students, who go for their practical training at various companies.

Just got back from visiting one of my students in Pulau Pinang. I went there with my colleague aka my close friend, Ani. I went along with Ani to visit her students at MOTOROLA, Pulau Pinang.

Listening to the students delivering their presentation reminds me of my actual 'after commencement(graduation) life plan'. Truth is being a lecturer has never been one of my dreams. (One of my dreams is to be MATH TEACHER). In fact, few weeks after the commencement ceremony, I told one of my friends that I don't want to be a lecturer.
Reason?
-I don't know how to be a lecturer.
-How to be fair to my students?
-How I can put aside my empathy?
-How this and how that.

I've dreamed of a career as an engineer. That I'd designed this, developed that, and the list goes on and on. I have to admit that I envy my students, especially those who get to experience the real 'engineering work environment'. I guess, it will only stay in my dream.

I resort to be satisfied that I have helped tutoring, guiding and educating a number of engineers in Malaysia workforce today.

No comments: